Follow me!

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 26, 2014

The adventures of naked Carlos

Remember the show Friends and how the girls were constantly monitoring the comings and goings of Ugly Naked Guy? Well our hotel in Barcelona is directly across the street from the apartment of this pretty hot guy I named Carlos. Our first day Jen is innocently looking out our balcony window when she says, "Hey Mim- check out our neighbor folding his laundry in his underwear!" I come running and can't believe how close our two buildings are. Also, Carlos' back is to us and it's a great, um, view. This is a totally Instagramable moment. I whip out my phone, lining up the shot which I've already decided to caption Room with a View. It's a bit dark. I zoom, trying to adjust the lighting when suddenly Carlos spins around, smiling and kind of posing. I nearly throw my phone in the air, busted and completely embarrassed. I duck down and crawl away from the window. Jen and I collapse in hopeless giggles. 

Later that day while she is out in front out building having a smoke Carlos gives her a friendly wave, evidently no hard feelings. We soon discover a lot of things about Carlios (except his real name). Here are some coversation tidbits we have during the course of our week:

"Hey come look- Carlos just took a shower and he's walking around naked." At this point we busy ourselves near the window, ostensibly looking for something while surreptitiously getting an eyeful. 

Or- "Check it out- Carlos goes commando." 

"Carlos is cleaning in his underwear. Wow, he's really tidy and folds his laundry meticulously."

Along the way we develop a waving hello vibe and occasionally chatting across the balconies to one another. He witnessed with amusement my portrayal of Evita singing "Don't cry for me Argentina."

The last night however, he does lean out to shush us at 5am. Undeterred, I call up for him to come on down! He shuts the shutters and does not. The next day we discover why. 

"Carlos has a girlfriend," Jen reports. 
"OMG! You didn't see...they aren't..."
"No," she says. "She's dressed and in the living room and he just showered and is parading around naked as usual."
"I guess that explains yesterday's cleaning frenzy," I say. 

His living room is next to his bedroom and while GF sits in the living room unaware, he's next door in the bedroom now dressed and waving to Jen. She goes to open our window to call out at which point he frantically waves his arms indicating "No!" He then circles a finger around his ear, the universal symbol for crazy, and points to the next room. Jen nods knowingly. 

We are going back Tuesday for one more night before flying home Wednesday and we hope to be put in exact same room with its excellent vantage point. Also, we're determined to find out his real name and get a legit photo. Stay tuned. Amigos! Ciao for now- Mim 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment